Friday, January 30, 2009

Varitek

I often wonder what is going through the minds of these guys. I will be the first to admit that I have no clue about how all of the arbitration and contracts work with these guys but Varitek was offered 10 million for this year during arbitration. So he turns that down and now they are offering less and given him until tomorrow to make up his mind. He is 37 years old and had a lack luster season last year. What does this guy want? He is not right out of the gate and by baseball standards he is an old man.

So Tek could be watching the season from home this year. Pitchers and catchers report in 13 days and he has no contract. There is speculation that he will sit the season out and wait and see if someone somewhere gets hurt and they give him a call. I am not sure I would be willing to gamble like that with my career. So he will roll dice and see what happens. One thing is for sure he only has two years left if that.

No comments:

Post a Comment